Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Out of nowhere there was a voice

At 5:04 this morning, out of nowhere there was a sound followed by a voice: "This is a fire alarm".
Now what? Panic?
It 5am, we were deeply asleep, me even more because of my cold. Are we expected to evacuate? Do we have to wait for the second alarm like in the office? Shall we get dressed and pack our valuables? Obviously we were confused and our brains were not yet operational.
Wolfram checked the hallway to find it empty. I suggested he called the front desk before we start our journey down: better really be a fire before I have to walk down 14 floors at 5am.
Reception confirmed it was a false alarm.
5:15 we were back in bed, trying to get back to sleep.
5:20 the voice spoke again confirming it was a false alarm.

6:30am... when the alarm went on to wake us up, I knew it would be a difficult day. It's never good to go back to sleep and wake up when your body is in deep sleep. It makes things probably worse than waking up 1h30 too early.

I'm gonna need caffeine...

No comments: