Saturday, September 1, 2012

Two forks, two spoons and now two iPads

When we left Belgium, we had to return our iPads from work. Yep, that was another shadow on our lives.
As a consequence one of the first thing we did in Singapore was to buy new ones, as they are cheaper than in Europe.
Today after visiting three retailers we found one that had some iPads in stock and even better then ones we wanted. Interestingly the shop where we bought them was heavily advertised in the local newspaper "The Straits Times" (don't expect much of this newspaper. Like USA today, there is not much inside). After seeing six pages in a row of advertisement I memorized the name of the shop, Courts, bitching like hell that it was a waste of my time and paper. Apparently not because we ended up going there. Well not only because of the advertisement, maybe also because it was just across the street.

Now I can resume my games, but more importantly get easily in touch with my family across continents. Just need to get Facetime and Skype running.

PS: Wolfram, as per his habit, took pictures of every step of the opening and setting up of his new iPad. I just opened the box and got it out :)

No comments: