Saturday, September 15, 2012

Girl's time

Today I left Wolfram alone to unpack the Nespresso machine and the rest of his boxes to take care of an important matter: my feet. They were in need of a pedicure. The question was were to go?
Since we arrived I've been checking out places in the different shopping centers and they were all very expensive. True they were located in fancy shopping malls and looked more like exclusive spas than a standard nails salon.
One evening after dinner in a small street nearby I noticed a nails salon that could be in my price range. Today I stopped by and was welcome by five girls waiting there for someone to come in. After a quick discussion I sat down for a classic pedicure. I spent there a good hour and a half but got tea, a little toblerone and Friends playing on the TV to keep me busy. The only thing missing was company to chat with. The English of the girls was limited. It reminded me of China.
Once I was done, the girl at the counter mentioned they have package deals. Of course they have package deals. So let's have a look at them.
It took a good 10 min for her to take me through the full list and answer all my questions. Picky as I am I wanted to understand all the details. After all if I buy a package and spend so much money I want to make sure it's worth it.
In the end I agreed on the package for classic pedicure. Sadly I have to give up my gel nails on the feet as it's not common in Singapore so better go with what they know how to do. With my package I get 10$ off vs. full price and a free add on like special scrub or cream or nail art. I can also use it with one of my friends. Who knows this can be handy when I have visitors.
I also made an appointment for next week. My hands will be due and I'm curious to see what their gelish nail polish is and how long it will last. They say three weeks which is one week shorter than what I do usually but if gel nails as I know them don't exist over here, I'll have to change.
They also have a fidelity app, which I'll get once I have a local phone.



No comments: