Saturday, September 22, 2012

Quid?

During the site event on Friday, the new hires did a little dance to entertain the crowd.
While I had no idea what this was, the whole crowd cheered at them. Someone explained to me that it was from the video of a singer from Korea and that it had gone viral over the Internet. I was told that even Britney Spears wanted to learn the choreography. If Britney herself wants to learn it…
Back home a quick search on the Internet gave the below. I’m no music expert but it looks like a guy found some music with a decent bit, created a stupid choreography and posted on YouTube hoping it will be a hit. Sadly he was right. When I see this I wonder what’s happening to music and talent.
As they rightly raised the question on BBC news, one can be famous today simply by scoring a video with the highest number of hits, independently of having talent or not.


Maybe I’m simply getting old(er) and don’t understand what’s designed for the young people out there…

No comments: