Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The wind of change

Freshly back from vacation, the wind of change dropped a job offer at my feet. After careful consideration and intense consulting I decided to apply. Who knows...
Yesterday I learnt that I had the job :)
It's not such a big deal given I was the only one who applied. That's how our internal system works. When you look for someone you publish the job but also head-hunt the people you know and leverage your network to find the perfect or so match. Luckily for me, I was in the radar screen of that person and there was not many people with the right skills potentially available ;)

There is still some debate as of when I will start the new job - any time between now and December I guess - but soon I will be working for a different category of products. Bye bye laundry!

PS: a big thank you to Wolfram who wrote in 200 words why this job was made for me. I'm sure that's what convinced them.
PS2: after 5 years working in Laundry, I have to admit I am excited about discovering a new category and broaden my horizon. Let's see how it goes.

No comments: