Friday, May 14, 2010

Fish Fish Fish

It's raining today so no outdoor sightseeing :(
Luckily for us there is always Oceanopolis, the big aquarium in Brest to visit.
It does feel strange to see it celebrating its 20th anniversary. I still recall when they started building it, some time when I was in primary school. I guess time is flying and I'm not getting younger... Oceanopolis on the other hand is getting better and better, actually bigger and bigger. They now have 3 halls (temperate, polar and tropical) filled with fishes and other sea animals. Plenty enough to keep you busy for half a day.
Obviously fish are in tanks which are sealed by heavy glass window.
Obviously the light is low to recreate the "deep" sea atmosphere.
Obviously on a rainy day all the families are at the aquarium.
Obviously we wanted to take pictures of the beautiful creatures we could see.
So big deformation due to the windows, poor light, lots of fighting to access the window, and still we managed some shots. Not our best ones, especially mine as I didn't have enough patience to wait long enough for the shark to finally pass exactly where I was waiting for it.

On top, did I mention fish do not stand still!!!
So ladies and gentlemen, here are my best shots...

PS: Don't zoom too much, you would reveal the blurry lines ;)


3 comments:

Patzi said...

See more fish, come here and visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium :-)

Lamia said...

It's in the plan :)

Elvis said...

tolle fotos!!