Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New year, new home, new car?

Since I've been back in Belgium my life is around the move. Packing, moving boxes, cleaning the new house, getting all the utilities set, and many more. It's called "moving house" and it's a bigger challenge when we're talking about merging 2 houses in 1.
The positive point though is the exercise you get. 21 steps about 40 times a day, that's a full fitness session, no?
This afternoon we needed a break (and lunch) so we drove on the A12, the nearby highway and seized the opportunity to see what shops are in the area.
I spotted a Midas and thought we could stop by so I could get my back light fixed (why do those things always break down when you have millions of other things to do...). I know Midas from France as they are famous for fixing your car without appointment. You just show up and they take care of it. Of course this means you might have to wait if it's a big reparation, but changing my light bulb should only take 5min to a mechanics.
Except, the man was really unfriendly and told me I had to make an appointment. Quote: "do you think you are the only one on this planet?"
From all the answers possible he picked the aggressive one. Unbelievable. Still can't believe it, such rudeness.
Of course we left right away.
Luckily for me, there was a Nissan dealer further down the road and we gave it a try. "yes we can change it right away. of course." all smiles and polite... that's how service should be :)
5min later, with my brand new light bulb, ready to pay, Wolfram is looking at the Quashqai behind me. Of course I took a look as well. One thing led to the other and there we going for a test drive. Really nice I have to say. I enjoyed very much driving a big car, being higher than the others and extremely comfortable seats. Price is somehow reasonable, and car dealers are desperate to sell so there is the hope for good price. I have to say I'm tempted.
I wonder: new year, new house and new car as well?

No comments: