Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mission accomplished

The mission: bring back from Lebanon 2 carpets, one for my parents and one for us from my grand-mother. In case you wonder, it seems she has quite some of them folded in a wardrobe than nobody is using.
Easy you would say.
Not quite.
First challenge, the one for my parents is a big one and even folded it's still a block of 70cm x 50cm x 25cm which weighs 17kg. Ours is smaller and lighter. Total weight: 26 kg.
So how do we bring them back?
By paying a visit to the Armenians in Zahle and buy the largest cheapest suitcase possible. It's one of those suitcases in which you can fit someone for sure. Never had such a big one.
By splitting the carpets: one with me, one with Wolfram.
By watching the weight of each suitcase closely. This meant limited shopping :(
By travelling as light as possible. Both of us brought the minimum clothes and things needed. Many of my things had to go in Wolfram's suitcase so I would not exceed my luggage allowance.
Results: mission accomplished. Both carpets reached their new homes!
I'm looking forward to place it in our new apartment.

Curious to see ours, just come over :)

No comments: