Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1 kg

That's how much black pepper Wolfram brought with his kitchen supply.
He did explain to me that he used to go grocery shopping in Colruyt where sometimes he could not find everything he needed, therefore he would buy many of each just to be sure. Still I don't get why he couldn't go to the next supermarket to get that item or wait the following week if not that urgent. It seems I can't quite understand the logic. After all we're not living in a country with food shortage. I believe abundance would be a better descriptor. So why 1kg of pepper?
It will take more than 1 year to use 1 kg of black pepper in a normal kitchen. If we had a restaurant that would be another story...

2 comments:

Leo said...

Clearly, you can never have enough pepper!

Patzi said...

As long it's whole peppercorns, you can use it for a long time. But if it's already grind, I'd rather would dump it after a year, clearly it's loosing too much flavor.