Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Vegetarian restaurant

Today to celebrate Joanna's award and Conan's promotion the whole section went out for lunch. The team chose the vegetarian restaurant next to the office. I had never been to a vegetarian restaurant being a meat fan, but I was willing to give it a try. I was expected vegetables of all kind and there were. What I was not expecting was how creative Chinese are with tofu (it's made of coagulating soya milk in case you don't know). More than half of the dishes were made with tofu: boiled, fried, in slice, in cube, in sauce, everything you can think of. The interesting thing is that they can serve you a fish made out of tofu that actually tastes like fish or the famous sichuan spicy chicken with tofu cubes tasting like chicken. Incredible I'm telling you. Still I don't really understand the concept of eating vegetarian if you eat dishes that tastes like meat.

No comments: