Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In your purse - Archaeology of the American handbag

If you know me, even just a bit, you know I'm very much into purse. I have quite a collection at home and usually acquire 2-3 new ones each years. Despite the appearance that is not the reason why I bought this book. Part of my job is to do consumer research i.e. understand what people need, what they do with our products and what unmet needs they have. So naturally I was interested in reading a book about a massive consumer research work that has been carried out in the US to understand what's behind a woman's purse. The book is written in a such a nice and friendly way that anyone can read it, however I believe women will resonate more with its content than men. Now gentlemen if you're curious to know what is in this bag (and the list is long) we women carry over everywhere and why we do that, here is a book with some clues for you.
It was especially interesting to see how the Maslow's pyramid of needs can be applied to a woman's purse; from the basic "it carries everything I need" to "I feel like I can handle everything" to "I am the best woman that I can be".

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......