Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nirvana fitness

Apparently since February we have free access to the Nirvana gym next to the office. That's part of the well-being program deployed on site. So tonight I went with Aaron to try it out. The gym is located in a building 5 minutes walk from the office, on the 4th floor (I do find it weird to put a gym in the middle of an office building, but that's China).
The good things about this gym are:
- it's right next door to the office
- it has classes so I can renew with body combat or kick boxing lessons (nothing better to get read of the stress) or simply enjoy a pilates or yoga session to relax
- the running mat is equipped with a DVD player (1st time I see that) so you can bring your own movie and watch it while you exercise. That could be a very good way for me to get some exercise and watch all those DVDs I've bought.
On the other hand I have to manage logistics i.e. carrying over my gym clothes and shoes which a bit more complex when you take the subway than when you just drop the bag in your car. And after tonight I will shower home even if it means taking the subway for 45min all sweaty. Let's face it the locker room was not the best I have ever seen. After the exercise I went to have a shower. 1st by looking at the other women (by the way all of them walking around fully naked like it does not matter and even chatting...) that I had to get a pair of plastic slippers before going to the shower. So I grabbed my towel and shampoo and walked over there. My 1st impression was not great, my 2nd was worse. So I found a shower that was free and pulled the curtain until I discovered that no matter what it would never close the shower given the curtain was too narrow... When I looked at the floor I understood the need of slippers as I would not recommend to walk bare foot in there. Conclusion, next time I'll shower home.

No comments: