Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dr Lan

Today I had an appointment with Dr Lan. He was recommended to me by several colleagues. Apparently he made miracles with some who wanted to stop smoking, loose weight, fix a knee / back, etc. Having nothing to loose I decided to give Dr Lan a try. It turned out his office had moved and is now located 5min away from where I live, isn't that a great coincidence.

So I went there and explain my history of pain and treatments. It was quite weird though to explain all of that lying down instead of sitting on a chair. This was followed by a examination and Dr Lan smiling at me all the time. He kept on saying "I know, I understand"... Sure but what? After that he had 2 of his students massaging / applying pressure on my back and knee (apparently some stiff muscles there as well) which was for a change painful. I believe my resistance to pain has considerably grew up over the last year. Once the "treatment" was done, we sat down for a debrief.

Here is his conclusion. My hips are sligthly misplaced creating an unbalance which creates the back pain. The plan to fix it "craniosacral therapy". At this point I said yes, having no clue what he was talking about. Dad, can you help us to understand what kind of therapy this is?

Bottom line is that he wants to see me once a week for 2 months. 1 hour of treatment each time. In the meantime, I can walk, swim, bike moderately and jog but not run (cannot really understand the difference there), cannot lift anything heavier than 5kg (that's gonna be fun) nor cross my legs (believe it or not this recreate unbalance, which we do not want). No more sitting on a sofa, only chair with good support for my back.

Will this work? Let's see. Let's give a chance to Chinese traditional medecine :)

No comments: