Sunday, September 1, 2013

French TV

The offering in terms of TV channels in Singapore is pretty limited and when it comes to French channels it's basically none. For the past year I've been watching either France 24 via their app or some shows available via YouTube. 
This week, on one French forum that I follow I discovered a new app: French TV pro.
What does it do?
It allows me to watch A selection of French TV channels. Not all of them but a range wide enough to entertain me a bit more in French.
I've tried it quite a bit this week and it works well. I could watch France 2, France 3, MTV France, Arte, Euronews and more.
The only negative is that it's live streaming. Meaning I can only watch the shows that are being broadcasting at that point of time. Being 6 hours ahead, it means night shows in the morning and afternoon shows in the evening my time.
It's not perfect but it's better than nothing. When you are abroad anything that helps you keep in touch with your home country is always welcome.
And with the maternity leave coming soon, I feel I will have time to occupy. 

1 comment:

Patricia said...

There is onlinetvrecorder.com
They mainly have German channels, but a couple of french ones as well.
You can download the shows after they aired.