Sunday, August 25, 2013

2.6kg

With only one month to go until the calculated due date, we are now seeing the doctor every week.
We wake up early, get ready and reach her office. Today our tadpole was roughly 2.6kg, head down (that should not change until he comes out), face towards the back.
Head diameter is still 9cm so it's all clear to come down the natural way. He's nicely growing with thigh bones of about 6cm. Seems it will be a long baby, which is to be expected given the height of the father.

If we assume that tadpole will grow 200g per week and that he will be around 3.4kg (as his parents when they were borne), highly sophisticated mathematical calculation tells us that he will stay in my belly for another 4 weeks.
The only question is how I will manage to move around as my belly gets bigger. Good that I only have 3 more weeks of work ahead of me. Rushing from one meeting to the other with all the bathroom stops is becoming exhausting.


No comments: