Thursday, September 19, 2013

Where did the time go?

I woke up at the hospital after a night in pieces (I know, I should get used to that). I had a shower and then saw the pediatrician. Soon after Wolfram arrived and so did breakfast. We had this moment of quiet while having breakfast before they brought Oskar back from his check-up. 
From there, it didn't stop. We saw the doctor who confirmed I could be discharged, the nurses briefed is on three millions of things to take care of the baby, we met the lactation consultant, we packed, we took a taxi back home (first drive of Oskar in a ... Mercedes - it had to be a German car), we settled the little guy in is new home which means we  installed what was not installed yet, we emptied the bags. I fed Oskar a couple of times.
 By 6pm, the day was nearly gone and I wondered where the time had passed. Fundamentally I did not do anything major today.  Most of my time disappeared in feeding Oskar. I had been told he would take over the schedule of a day. I didn't realize how true this would be.

No comments: