Thursday, September 19, 2013

3 hours

First night at home for Oskar.
First night for us without the hospital back up.
There was one feeding around 10-11pm and a bit of struggle to get him to sleep. But eventually my dad cracked it. By midnight everybody was in bed asleep. Yes, including parents and grand-parents.
2:45am we were back on.
Oskar woke up crying. 
I got up and started to prepare to feed him.
A bit later Wolfram joined us.
3am done with feeding. Wolfram is up for getting Oskar asleep.
And he tried.
Then I tried.
Then he tried again.
By 4am we decided to feed again as someone was wide awake. And that someone was not the new parents.
At 4:30am, we tried again to get him to sleep without success. 
At 4:45am we decided to go though the check-list again. We checked the diaper. Not much in there but some traces of what looked like blood to us. It was reddish. 
I woke up my mum for an expert opinion. She said she wasn't sure and it's most likely just the digestive system getting going.
We changed the diaper.
I sent Wolfram back to bed as he had to go to work in a few hours.
I stayed with my mum who helped walking with Oskar. I then tried feeding again. Followed by a burp. Followed by more walking and suddenly some gas came out.
A bit later he was finally asleep. It was 5:45am. This first night feeding took only 3 hours!!!

I was dead and I cannot imagine the morning.
Now let's all get some sleep before we have to start this all over.

No comments: