Sunday, September 15, 2013

True or False

Since last night I started to feel pain in my lower belly and back. I naively thought it would go away by moving, stretching or even swimming. But it did not.
At some point this afternoon I started to wonder whether these waves of pain could be contractions. And most likely they are. I have started monitoring them as they grew closer and stronger. They are still irregular which means this is "false" labor and there is still some time to go until tadpole comes out.
Still, if this is the level of pain in "false" labor, I can't imagine what it will be in "true" labor. I never really had any doubt about getting the epidural, but after today, I am 100% sure I am going for it.

By the way, whoever wrote that one can continue taking care of things (e.g. work, household chores, walking) during false labor must have been a man. There is no way one can do anything while twisted by pain.


No comments: