Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's cold, isn't it?

Took roughly 30min to get through customs and luggage.
Took easily 1 hour to cross the city from the airport to the hotel. Even at 10pm traffic is crazy and we spent most of the drive at 30km/h. I guess I should be happy we were not fully stopped.
This long drive was followed by the longest check-in ever but in their defense, the credit card machine couldn't get a network and they did walk me to my room. Apparently I have a view on the Nile. Will let you know tomorrow when there is light, because now, it's all black over there.

The quote of the day is for sure the following:
man at the airport "it's cold tonight, isn't it?"
me "euh, well, not really. it's a bit chilly but not cold"
him "it IS cold. it's one of the coldest winter in Cairo"
me "really?"
Just for your info, temperature outside at 10pm was 13C... a bit chilly but by far warmer than the 5C in Belgium. I guess everything is relative. I removed my wool sweater when the all run for one.

No comments: