Saturday, November 28, 2009

Helmut lotti

Every year I buy greetings cards from the Unicef which I send to my family and friends during the Holidays. I received the catalog a few weeks ago and made my selection.
While passing by Inno today I spotted a massive Unicef booths and decided to get my cards directly there, i.e. no need to bother order online and wait for delivery :)
I picked up the cards I wanted and tried to exit the booth. But that was not that simple given there was a crowd of people trying to get an autograph from the Unicef ambassador present on that day and photographs flashing all over the place. When I asked the security guard how I could get out, he first asked "you don't want to get an autograph?" "euh, no, thanks". Recovering from his surprise he showed me the way out. After all I just wanted to pay and the quick glimpse on the celebrity of the moment didn't ring a bell. I had simply never seen this man before.
Actually I must have seen him somewhere on TV as it turned out it was Helmut Lotti.
Now who's Helmut Lotti you could ask?
Helmut Lotti is a popular Belgian singer and song writer. See more about him here. According to Wikipedia he sings fluently in Dutch and Afrikaans, English, French, German, Russian, Hebrew, Italian, Latin, and Spanish; and he has sold over 13 million albums worldwide and received over 90 platinum and 70 gold albums. Not bad you could say, just not my type of singers.
PS: he also looked way older and bold vs. most pictrures you can find on the internet. Might explain why I really did not recognize him today (while I recall seeing some pictuires of him younger).

No comments: