Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Has it always been that noisy?

Now that I am home with Oskar the whole day, I started to notice that the neighborhood is very noisy.  Even more when I can compare with the silence around 3-4am.
There is a background noise of the water fountains in the condo from 7am to 10pm. 
There is the construction site across the street from 9am until 9pm.
There is the traffic roughly from 6am until 10pm.
There are the birds singing from sunrise to sunset. The Asian koel can be very noisy.
There is the fumigation of the condo against bugs every other Tuesday afternoon.
There are the dogs of the newly arrived residents that bark regularly at each other... For all of us to enjoy.
And more...

I cannot help wondering. Was the area always that noisy? Or has it changed?
Or is it me who's now super sensitive to any big noise that could wake up Oskar, especial if he's finally asleep?

No comments: