Sunday, November 24, 2013

Bigger plane is always better

The connection in Paris was quite easy. Most likely because the luggage were taken care of and Joy and Yann sacrificed their sleep for an early breakfast at the airport with us. Obviously time is flying in good company and made me forgot about the big poop from Oskar which spread everywhere on his back as he was in the baby carrier. Isn't it fun to completely change a baby in the airport toilet? Especially at 6am when it's cold?
After they dropped us in the terminal, I went to the lounge to wait. Terminal 2G is at the far end of the airport and feels more like a warehouse. Anyhow they had a small lounge where I was welcome by two very attentive ladies from Air France. Once again, they helped me find a seat in the crowded lounge, they brought me a drink, they watched over my bags as I went to change Oskar and they even helped carrying my bags to the gate. I really have to say the way the Air France team took care of us made the whole trip better. I know why I like to fly with them, not only because they are French :)
The flight to Brest was short, only one hour, but tough on both of us. We were tired and in a smaller aircraft, the pressure on the ears at take off and landing was felt stronger. Oskar cried a lot and wouldn't drink the water to help with the ears. I was quite happy to land and be greeted by my parents. 
They came with two cars so we could easily bring home all the luggage, car seat, stroller and baby.
Now it's time to settle down and get ready for Oskar's next meal.

No comments: