Monday, November 18, 2013

Foot reflexology

With Alice visuting, the two of us decided to go for our favourite activity when in vacation in Asia: massage.
Normally we would do one a day or every other day. But this year with Oskar ruling the agenda, we could only do one together. We decided for foot reflexology for 40min and shoulders for 20min. The hope was that Alice would be completely relaxed for her flight later and that for me, I would give a treat to the few muscles I have left. Yep, pregnancy got rid of many of them.
Within a few minutes of massage I was in pain. The masseur was kindly mentioning which area of my body was aching. I felt pain on the feet for the areas connected to: lung, eyes, shoulders, neck, stomach, liver, lower back, kidney, and many more.
You could argue that basically he meant that I have to get a full body scan to find what's wrong or give my body proper rest. Alive decided however it was simpler than that. I just had pain in the feet from all the walking with Oskar.
Whatever the cause, after 40min my lungs may not have been cured, but I felt I had lighter feet and legs. That's already a lot.

The shoulders, on the other hand, were very "stiff" as per the masseur. Consequently it was 20 min of torture. I should feel the benefit of it tomorrow. That one, no doubt on what's causing the sore muscles: the little guy I have to carry around every so often is responsible. 

No comments: