Sunday, May 26, 2013

The longest Buddha ever

At least that I've ever seen.
When visiting Thailand, one should be ready to see lots of Buddhas, especially in temples. They can be found standing, sitting, meditating, lying down, etc. they can be young or old, slim or fat.... There's an infinite number of ways to portray Buddha in Thailand.
Still the reclining Buddha in the Wat Pho temple is the longest I've ever seen so far in my life (43m no less). And I've seen lots of Buddhas over the years and the world :)
I like the atmosphere in Wat Pho, even when packed with tourists there is something serene about the place. I took a few pictures, trying to get the whole Buddha on one picture (thanks to the wide angle lens). 
My only regret is that I couldn't get a massage at the massage school, home of the Thai massage. But bringing to this world a tadpole requires a few sacrifices. I'll catch up after September.










No comments: