Saturday, May 18, 2013

48 hours in Guangzhou

I flew to Guangzhou on Wednesday morning to meet with a supplier. I had never been to Guangzhou and I think I know why. There is nothing to see. It's one of those industrial cities that is expanding as the industry grows. One building after the other. One factory after the other. Even the shopping mall where we spent some time waiting for our return flight was disappointing carrying only local brands and extremely few international ones.
At least I had the chance to eat some decent Chinese food although I was disappointed not to find my favorites (yep, still dreaming of those beans from South Beauty).

The only flight back was at 1:20am. A lovely red-eye flight that brought me home at 6am. Just on time for one hour of sleep before getting to work. It's going to be a long day. I know that already.

No comments: