Saturday, February 9, 2013

Stuck in Cincinnati

After 2.5h on hold until someone from United Airlines would talk to me, after trying all possible options including via Denver, I had to face the fact that because of the blizzard I would not be able to reach Montreal in the coming 24h.
This sucks.
I was looking forward to seeing Lisa and Jean-Habib, and above all finally meet Nora. It's not going to happen because of the weather.
I know I have no influence on the weather and never will, but I'm really sad there is nothing I can do about it.

I checked in back into the hotel I left this morning. I picked up a rental car as my colleagues is leaving. I have two days ahead of me and the perspective of being stuck in Cincinnati does not help. Cincinnati is dead in February. There is nothing to do there apart shopping and I'm so disappointed that even shopping does not appeal to me.

It's getting cold again. I guess that is the effect of the blizzard in the North-East. Maybe I will just hibernate until Monday.

No comments: