Friday, February 8, 2013

Not good, not good


"A possible historic winter storm and blizzard will affect much of New England later today into Saturday. A clipper system coming in from the Great Lakes will combine with a system riding up the East Coast to produce our winter storm. Heavy snow and strong winds produce blizzard conditions across New England tonight into Saturday. Parts of New England, especially Connecticut, Massachusetts, southern New Hampshire and eastern Maine, could see 2 to 3 feet of snow. Travel disruptions are likely and could last for days. Widespread power outages are likely. Preparations for Nemo should be completed by AM Friday. A mix of rain and snow will change over to all snow in southeast New York, New York City, New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania Friday evening as Nemo grows stronger and draws in colder air. From northeast Pennsylvania into northern New Jersey and New York City potentially 10-15" of snow with over 18-20" in a few spots. Across Upstate New York snowfall ranges from 6 to 12 inches along the Pennsylvania border to over a foot in central and northern sections. Nemo will produce coastal flooding and significant beach erosion at high tide Fri. evening Long Island and coastal New England."

I just found out that my flight to Montreal has been cancelled. Good that I tried to check in this morning vs. finding out tonight at the airport.
I'm calling United Airlines hoping something can be done.
I've been on hold for 30min... it's just frustrating. I would expect from an airline to get in touch with its passengers when they cancel their flight. Apparently that's too much to ask and I get to waste one hour of my life listening to a recording message on their frequent flyer program. Based on my current experience, I'm sure of one thing, I will not enroll.

Keep your fingers crossed a miracle will happen.


No comments: