Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Houston, we have a problem

We have mold and little bugs that are going with it showing up almost everywhere.
It started with the back of a painting which we blamed on the shipment.
Then it was Wolfram's leather jacket.
Then it appeared on my boots in the same room.
This weekend I noticed tiny little bugs walking the wall of the guest room. They were book lice coming from the bookshelf.
Today as I worked from home I noticed that the basket chairs we use as sofa have one greenish foot each. And looking closer I realized the whole base is molded from under. Bugs were even running under my eyes.
I guess we are learning the hard way to live in a tropical country. Ventilation is key but as well materials that are resistant. Good that most of our furniture came from Asia originally so they can handle. But what about the rest?
Will we have to put each book in the microwave to get rid of the lice? Not joking that's apparently a recommended solution before having to go for fumigation.
It sucks, not to mention it's freaking me out as I wonder in what poor hygiene conditions we are living.


No comments: