Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Good news

I started packing for the trip to Canada and of course the suitcase looks very full and potentially too heavy. Don't ask why, most of it stays in Canada.
I checked on the KLM website but found conflicting info i.e. 1 piece of 23kg or 2 pieces of 23kg.
To clarify I called their customer service and talked to probably the most polite and helpful person in a customer service in a while. Not only was he polite but on top he had good news. I can bring:
- 1 piece of 23kg checked-in
- 1 hand luggage of 12kg
- 1 laptop bag
- 1 handbag
Clearly those guys have no idea how much a woman can stretch the above.
But even better, thanks to my Silver status I can check in one extra bag! Being Silver is not like being Gold (sigh....) but it's better than nothing.
Suddenly packing is much easier.

Unfortunately he couldn't book me an emergency row seat as within 30 hours from the flight it has to be done at the airport. I'll ask for it tomorrow morning, when I get there, at 5am. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: