Thursday, December 22, 2011

5 hours to kill in Schipol airport

Once again I have 5 hours to kill in Schipol airport.
Last time was on the way to Thailand and I was with Alice, i.e. I had good company and someone with a Platinum status to get me into the lounge.
This time I am all by myself. I started by finding the Internet corner with free internet. Slow but free internet is better than nothing.
I had a tea and a muffin for breakfast there.
I finished a few emails for work.
I finally finished working the pictures of the elephants from Thailand. With 3 millions of them at least, I never managed to go through all of them until now.
I watched a couple of episodes of CSI.
I browsed through the shops and bought myself a new trolley on sale. A month ago I had to say good bye to my red trolley. I had it since I started working. It was time as it was falling apart and louder than an aircraft taking off when rolling. I replace my red Delsey for a grey one. A bit smaller as the new rules on cabin luggage are smaller than 7 years ago but expandable. Don’t tell Wolfram  as he thinks we have too many suitcases, which I would obviously challenge. Clearly one can never have enough bags.
I visited the newspaper shop pondering with the thought of buying wedding magazines.
I considered buying Gouda for my brother.

Despite all these activities, I was bored. Travelling alone might be acceptable on a business trip, but it is not fun on vacation.

No comments: