Monday, August 1, 2011

Festival de piano de La Roque d’Antheron

Every summer in the garden of Chateau de Florans, a piano festival is held. The uniqueness of this festival is that a stage is assembled in the park with sound reflectors so the audience can, in theory, enjoy the music as if it was in a proper theather.
Following my parents (given we don’t know much about classical music and even less about interprets, we thought it would be wiser to follow the choice of my mum), we joined them for the performance of Abdel Rahman El Bacha (Frenhc Libanese pianist) and the Orchestra Kanazawa conducted by Michiyoshi Inoue (Japanese).
I personally enjoyed very much the performance and the music. Given I have zero knowledge they could have been playing off key I would have not noticed but given the level of the festival I don’t think so. They played dome Mozart, Haydn and Chopin. All light and joyful concertos which is very likely why I enjoyed them.
The surprise of the day was the conductor of the orchestra who was literally dancing with the music. He was everything but standing stiff more bouncing left and right depending who had to play. A show on its own, bringing the music even more to life. Most likely his ballet previous experience coming through.
Although we were clearly younger than the majority of the audience (who said you have to be 50+ to enjoy classical music), I’m glad we joined my parents and enjoyed this one of a kind concert, in the garden of the Chateau.
Thanks Mum for taking us there.
PS: to go and come back we had to go through the mountain on little roads where you wonder sometimes how 2 cars can fit. Wolfram successfully masterized them, even in the darkest hours of night. His Dad can be proud of him.

No comments: