Saturday, June 11, 2011

Plaza Mayor

Plaza Mayor is the central plaza of Madrid. It is impressive but somehow I was not convinced. Maybe because there were too many people, maybe there were too many “street comedians”, maybe there was too much noise, I don’t know what it was but it didn’t click.

I did give it a shot with my wide angle lens (twice in one day, it was really a good purchase) to recreate the feeling of the square shaped plaza.
Apart from its architecture, Plaza Mayor is famous for its painted facades.

Only interesting piece for me was the carving on a bench. I know I’m in this huge plaza and all I pay attention to are little characters telling a story on a bench.
Surprisingly, on a fence I found locks with names on it. Like in Pont des Arts in Paris, some people have sealed their love on Plaza Mayor. That’s sweet.


No comments: