Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nike Plus

Since we enrolled for the 20K in Paris, Alice and I have been training i.e. walking 1-2 times a week at a minimum of 7.3km/h (i.e. the minimum speed we should maintain to complete the 20K in 2h45 our target).
Today unfortunately Alice had a side stitch so we had to slow down pretty much 15min after we started. This said we did walk the whole distance at a slow pace.
This was also the first day I was trying out Nike Plus. I discovered that my iPhone is fully equipped for Nike Plus, which allows you to track your performance, combine it with music, have a "coach" motivating you as you go and record your runs. Nike Plus targets runners but the system works very well for walkers as well.
Proof... today we walked 13.44 km, in 2h19min and you can see below our statistics through the country side around the house.


I was skeptical at the beginning and I have to say I positively surprised by how well it tracked us.

Now we need to get back on the road and set our new best time because honestly an average pace of 10min/km is far from where we want to be.

No comments: