Saturday, June 11, 2011

Palacio real and Plaza de Oriente

On our way to the Palacio Real we encountered a demonstration. No clue what they were demonstrating about but we had to make a detour through the little streets of the center to reach the palace.


Like in Belgium the king does not live in the palace (sometimes you wonder why we keep them). At least in Spain tourists and diplomats can visit it, and some of the halls are used for exhibition. Entrance is not for free and by the time we got there, there was a 500m queue. Facing the choice of queuing or taking a picture from behind the fence and move on… we stayed behind the fence.
And this created the perfect opportunity for me to use my brand new wide angle lens.
We then walked further to the Plaza de Oriente where plan was to have lunch. By now it’s 2:30pm, right on time for lunch according to Spanish habits. Following the reco from the guide, we found a café with a terrace and enjoyed lunch with view on the palace… ah, that’s how life should be!

I wanted to take a picture of the statue, which I did. This motivated Wolfram to try a few things with his camera.

So I waited. And I had company.
After 5 long minutes my new friend passed by the other way around and asked whether Wolfram was done. “Not yet I said”. 
So we waited a bit longer because it takes time to take great pictures.
I've also established that I do not have enough patience for that. I give it 3 shots. After that I move on, in peace with my choice of average pictures :)

No comments: