Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Head hunters are back

Business is getting better. A good sign of it is when head hunters are calling again. For almost 2 years, we haven’t heard much from them.

Until now. In the past 2 weeks, 2 different head hunters contacted me. I know, I should feel good about it. Usually I discard them as I am pretty happy with where I am, but this time, I decided it can’t hurt to have a chat and get a feel of what’s out there. In other word, just triple confirming I’m right about staying where I am.
This triggered a basic request: “could you send me your resume?”
"euh, sure…"
My resume, you mean this resume I haven’t updated in years, the one that probably still mention my extracurricular activities at the University and that I leave in Paris…

Of course I will send one, which means I have to update it and try to remember the highlights of my 6+ years within the company.
I’ve been interviewing students for the past 4 years, and never it occurred to me to update my resume. What was I thinking? I guess too busy trying to make a career internally to care about what’s outside.

Now, back in September 2004, I left France to Italy. Then what?

No comments: