Thursday, September 2, 2010

Diners

When you are on the road like us and are hungry, a diner is very often one of your options. They serve burgers of course, but also all possible sandwiches and salads, not to mention traditional US breakfast at a pretty decent price. Portions are usually large to huge.
I have to say I like those places as we usually eat pretty well in an atmosphere that reminds me of the 50s/60s. I do know that I was not born then but many movies portray diners and I sort of like it. I'm almost expecting to see the heroes of Happy Days or Grease entering the diner :)

Mel's Drive-In in Hollywood
And the fruit bowl at Margie's diner in San Luis Obispo. As we were planning to share the fruits, we thought a bowl would be better than a cup...
I let you imagine the size of the omelette Wolfram ordered (giant portion guaranteed!).

No comments: