Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rodrigo y Gabriela

Tonight I went with Aurelie to the concert of Rodrigo y Gabriela, namely 2 guitar players from Mexico.
Absolutely amazing!!!!!! It was such a great concert.
There are only the 2 of them on stage and 90% of the time the only instruments are their 2 guitars but you would not believe what music, what sound, what rhythm, what atmosphere they can create with just 2 guitars. For 2 hours they played songs from their previous and new albums. Each time the live version was taking the songs to the next level.
If you ever get the chance to see them, don't miss it!
Go on there listen to some of their songs and I can tell you you will re-discover guitar.

PS: a big thank you to my sister you made me discover them.

1 comment:

Bernhard said...

yep. They are awesome. I'm waiting for them to come somewhere near the Bay Area again.