Sunday, April 25, 2010

A different type of business trip

In the 3 coming days we will have a global meeting in Brugge. Given it's at least 1h drive from Brussels, the local team decided to stay in the hotel with our visitors.
As a consequence tonight I took a train from Brussels to Brugge.
The train was ok, especially because I booked 1st class so I had a better seat and it was much more quiet... less people, less noise, what you need when you have to include last minute changes in the presentation for the following day.
It felt somehow weird to pack, gather everything to travel and end up on a platform to take a train that look more like a suburb train. No passport control, no check-in, no aircraft. Part of me doesn't feel like it is a business trip.
However the fact that I had to spare my Sunday night does feel back in business... I could have left tomorrow morning very early but I prefer having a good night sleep and enjoy an swim before sitting for hours in a meeting room. And anyway my dear one is busy with his new toy. Might not even notice I'm not around.

No comments: