Saturday, April 17, 2010

Guinea pigs

The good thing when you have family visiting is that I can try new recipes as I know they will give me their true feedback on it.
Tonight after the day trip to Keukenhof I experimented with some wok recipe with scallops, pepper and rice noodles. Somehow it was missing something... maybe a bit of spice? or soya sauce that they usually put everywhere.
For dessert, I tried the "Crumble belge" i.e. a pear crumble with speculos crumbs. Perfect with vanilla ice. mmmmhhhh
Not sure they appreciate to be my guinea pigs, but someone has to do it :)

1 comment:

Bernhard said...

Reading the beginning of the post, I see "new recipes" and the headline says "guinea pigs". I put those together, and my mind starts wandering ...
"... guinea pigs are supposed to be some kind of delicacy, I wonder if Lamia served some guinea pigs ..."