Friday, September 19, 2014

Tess-terminator

This morning, like every morning, I got out of bed, poured myself a glass of juice and was drinking it reading the news. Not that I care much about what's happening in the world lately but still I try to maintain a minimum awareness. So I'm reading and I see something moving in the background.
I though. Here is our geiko.
Except the geiko is usually on the wall not the floor.
I looked a second time and realized it could not be the geiko because it was too dark and moving to fast. As I got closer, it hit me. It was a cockroach. A huge one. One as big as the one in Wall-E except in real life it's not cute, it's scary / discusting / horrifying.
I tried to be brave and walked to the kitchen to get a Tupperware under which I could isolate the beast. One failed attempt later, the best was on the move towards me and my bravery was replaced by panic. I'm pretty sure I was close to a panic attack with the biggest cockroach ever free in my living room.
I rushed to the bedroom to get my husband to the rescue. Once he had made sense of what I was saying he took the Tupperware and trapped the monster.
We left it there while we finished getting dressed. 
I brushed my teeth and checked that the beast was still trapped.
I showered and checked that the beast was still trapped.
I got dressed and checked that the beast was still trapped.
Of course with all the commotion, Oskar woke up and our morning routine was messed up.
When Tess asked what happened I told her about the cockroach.
She came with paper kitchen towel but then changed her mind for the newspaper. Seems the beast was too big to be handled with paper towel.
She carefully lifted the Tupperware and smashed twice.
The beast was dead.
I've never seen this. By the time I had recovered, she had cleared the scene and was ready to resume with her normal morning activities. 
I'm telling you there is no messing with her, especially if you are a cockroach.

Now, we all hope it was a flying cockroach but deeply inside me I will only have my peace of mind once I check the whole place. We will have a busy weekend. 


No comments: