Monday, September 8, 2014

Japan is very organized

That's my very first impression. That and that there are lots of elderly working.

An airport is an airport. Once you have travel a bit around the world you can pretty much navigate your way in any airport even if you don't speak the language. Now when people do speak a bit of English or even French like it was my case at the immigration it makes things easier but also more welcoming.
Kimiko had given me clear directions and in 45 minutes I was done with immigration, had found the bus stop and had someone buying me the ticket at the vending machine, and even got a Starbucks. I struggled a bit with my hot chocolate preferred combination but somehow we managed. Like when I was in China: lots of signs, showing pictures and smiles get you what you want. Or something close to it :)
Things are neatly organized in Japan, at least at the airport.

The other thing that stroke me was the number of elderly people still working. They look easily 60+ and are still cleaning, moving luggage, guiding people, cashiers, etc. I cannot help but thinking that they should be enjoying retirement and not work hard anymore. Yet Japan has an aging population so it might have to do with that. 

I'm now in the bus to Kobe, with my seatbelt on because it's mandatory.
Let's see what Kobe has to offer.

No comments: