Saturday, October 19, 2013

Oops, he did it again

Today, taking advantage that Wolfram had a day off, we took Oskar for a little shopping trip to Orchard. Main purpose was to buy a baby carrier. I wanted to try it out with baby inside, as well as checking that it can adjust to the two of us. After all we have very different bodies.
We left shortly after feeding the little guy. The MRT ride was easy and quickly enough we were on Orchard. We started by the post office which took forever. Consequently we bought enough stamps so we can send things directly, hopefully for the next 12 months.
We had a late lunch at Paul. By dessert time, Oskar was hungry and he made sure the whole place would know. Wolfram tried to entertain him while I was warming up the bottle in my hands. I was doing so for 30s when one of the waiters came and offered to bring hot water to warm up the bottle. That was a good surprise and something I would have never thought to ask. This said now that I think of it, I have seen parents doing so... It just didn't occur to me. Funny enough the hot water was there in no time, faster than Wolfram's latte. I guess the waiter wanted to make sure we would get the crying baby quiet as quickly as possible.
Once everybody was well fed, we went to Paragon mall for the baby carrier. Oskar was wide awake and looking at everything. It was nice to see him watching things and being intrigued by the noises.
The model selected was the BabyBjorn Miracle, not because of the name but because if the lumbar support it offers. If I have to carry Oskar for hours I want to make sure my back can handle it. Wolfram tried it first and seemed to enjoy it. It does look like that you are preparing to go to war while putting on the harness but I guess that's what it takes to ensure baby is safe.
I was next to try it and I have to say it felt comfortable to carry around Oskar while having the hands free. I was not the only one comfortable. Oskar felt so good in the carrier that he pooped. Yep, right here, right there, in the brand new carrier which we had not paid for yet.
Of course, he saved this for me. Isn't it fun to poop on Maman? Why not on his Papa?
Of course the liquid yellow mustardy poop escaped from the diaper and got on the carrier and on my T-shirt. It's time we move to bigger diaper size.
Consequently we had to buy the carrier and wash it right away. It's great that those things are washable.
Consequently I rushed to the toilet to change Oskar completely. Diaper, clothe, there was poop everywhere but this time we had everything we needed to handle it. Except another T-shirt for me. I finished the trip hiding behind the stroller hoping people would not see the stains.

PS: this trip to Orchard exhausted Oskar. Once we were back, we gave him his bath and food. Quickly he was asleep and for good. We struggled to wake him up to feed him at 10pm. We did insist as this was our insurance for several hours of sleep. And we were rewarded: he slept 7 hours straight and we did almost the same :)


No comments: