Thursday, December 20, 2012

Where is the car?

1:30pm, we were ready to go and the car was not there.
My Dad was downstairs checking the street. The rest of us was upstairs stressing.

1:40pm, the driver called. He was stuck in traffic. Hopefully he would be there in 10min... We will be late for the church. The good thing was that they cannot start without us.
We grabbed everything including the bouquet that we nearly forgot and moved to the apartment downstairs so we would be ready to go any time. We also tried to call the people in the church to let them know but no one had their phone on. In theory that's good, but when you need to reach someone to tell the groom not to panic because the bride is late, it's annoying.

1:55pm, the car was there. We, the four girls went down. With the rain we decided to go to the level -1 of the garage so we could climb back up to level 0 and get in the car without being wet. In case you wonder, that parking garage had an elevator on every other level, and all the cars were at level 0, with no elevators.

2pm, four girls are running up the slope of the garage to level 0, in dresses and high heels. That's the one picture of the wedding that no one took because there was no photographers with us at that point. I'm sure it would have been a great one.

2:05pm, I was in the car with my Dad. Getting in the car was a complex exercise as we had to dry the side of the car that was wet. The door of the Bentley was not very wide and I didn't want to make my dress dirty getting in. Both of us were frozen because there was no heating but there was also no time to care about that. Priority was to get to the church.
I had to give directions to the driver as he didn't know the way and the GPS was not the smartest.
No time either to get emotional. We were both very happy and very anxious to get there.

2:15pm, we arrived! The ceremony could start. Well, once some of our colleagues who were late would be inside. Always the same people being late. .

2:20pm, show time. My brother cleared the way. The girls from the procession were in place. I made my entrance with my Dad and we nearly went blind with all the flashes. All I can remember of the first steps was a sea of cameras shooting at us. I could not even see Wolfram which I regret because I really wanted to see his face as I enter. My objective was to make him cry with the dress and I hoped I succeeded.

No comments: