Thursday, December 20, 2012

Getting the girls ready

After a short night of sleep and a solid breakfast, Joy, my Mum and I left the apartment to go to the hairdresser.
In case you wonder, yes, Wolfram saw me that morning. It was just too complex to reshuffle all the people sleeping in the two apartments. This said, as of the moment I left for the hairdresser he would not see me anymore until the church.
We arrived a bit before 9am at the hairdresser where we found Alice almost ready with her hairdo "wild and romantique". It looked really nice on her.
I was up next and it took as many hair pins as on the picture to create my hairdo and attach the veil to it.
Once my hair was done and the veil attached, I went for make-up. I have to say it is really mice to have a professional make-up artist taking care of me. All I had to do was sit and relax, chatting with Joy and Alice, while he was doing his magic.
Around 10:30am, we were done, the three of us looking beautiful... like we never do in our everyday life because it takes too much effort/time/money.
PS: I don't have the pictures yet, but I will share once I have them.

Of course it was raining cats and dogs (or to be more accurate, comme vache qui pisse) on that day. And the weather forecast was not predicting any improvement. I made peace with the bad weather a some point in the car but the hairdresser was very clear. Not a single drop of water should touch my hair.
Alice borrowed the umbrella from the hairdresser to get to her car. From there it was a race under umbrellas to get me and them in the car without the rain getting to our hair or face.

Back at the apartments, I was quarantined upstairs so Wolfram could not see me. My Mum brought us food which we ate in tiny small bites not to damage the make-up. We drank with straws as well.
Soon enough, Jessica and Matthieu, our two photographers were there and they started to immortalize the moments before the church. It did feel weird to "act normally" with two photographers in the room shooting tons of pictures. After a while we got used to them, at least a bit. Obviously talking about shoes and jewelry helped relax the atmosphere in the room.
Around 11:30am Jean-Habib and Roseline were back from the church with the different things from the florist, including my bouquet.
I dispatched the different elements between those for the girls and those for the boys.
With everything ready, all that was left was getting dressed. On that day I had to live the life of someone who cannot get dressed alone. I could make it to the bathroom alone but that was complex exercise. Somehow I couldn't get my head around having someone lifting my skirt so I can use the bathroom. I just could not.
Around 12:30, we started to get me dressed which is quite some sport (ask Alice she will confirm). It starts with the "jupon", followed by a deep dive of the bride in the dress while somehow getting the veil out. Then is buttoning and there were 20+ buttons.
After a series of ackward pictures with me "moving naturally" in the dress, it was time for jewelry. The chain of my pendant was too long and we tried to make nods. Luckily for me, Laura had a shorter one which I could borrow. And there was my something borrowed.
I also had my something new, my something blue and my something old. I was ready.

A bit more effort to add the jacket, also with buttons, and I was ready.
Somehow it was 1:15 and the car would be there shortly. I can't believe it took almost one hour to get me dressed.
But there I was, looking like a bride.

No comments: