Sunday, December 9, 2012

Suitcase exchange

My two suitcases got damaged during the trip. I guess the storage conditions were not as comfortable for them than it was for us in the cabin.
A part of the zipper is broken on the biggest one. Given it can still be operated, Air France said that they wouldn't do anything. It happens...
One of the wheels of the medium size was nearly falling down. That on the other hand was deemed to be bad enough to justify compensation.
There were two options:
- get one of the suitcases they have available as replacement
- buy myself a new one and get reimbursed
 I was strongly considering the latter especially when all the luggage available were rigid until they figured out  that for that medium size they did have one non rigid.
It's a bit bigger than the one I had.
It's plain black and probably similar to millions of others. In other words boring.
But it meant walking out of the office with a new suitcase.
I went for simplicity and transferred everything from my suitcase to the new one.
Sometimes it can actually be that simple. Thanks Air France.

No comments: