Friday, December 7, 2012

Surprise in the office

Today was my last day in the office for this year. Tomorrow we are flying back to Belgium (and the North Pole that has become Europe).
My whole section went for lunch together after our section meeting. They all nicely accepted to sit on a terrace when I asked because soon enough I will be freezing.
When we came back to the office, Vinay told me he wanted to talk to me and proposed to go to the pantry. As I saw the others converging there I knew they were up to something.
And indeed.

They had prepared a small celebration for our wedding with a pyramid of macarons and a very thoughtful card. I was very touched. I've been part of the Asia team for only three months and they made me feel like I've been there since forever.
We spent some time talking about the different wedding traditions between Europe and Asia and promised to organize a wedding pictures session when I'm back with pictures from India, Japan and Belgium.
I was even more moved when I discovered a voucher for Courts of a quite significant amount (which explains why Samantha asked me three times this week where we are planning to buy our new sofa).
I was really not expecting this from them. I am very lucky you be part of such a caring team.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

No comments: