Sunday, November 6, 2011

A day of trekking

Another organized tour but this time into the wild.
We spent 5 hours hiking in the jungle of Mae Tang in the near north of Chiang Mai.
We climbed all the way to the top of one of the hills, had lunch in front of a bat cave, went downhill to a tribe village and had a jump into a water fall.
This was a really good day (not as great as the elephants or the cooking though).
Of course the climbing was tough especially because we ended up doing it just before noon. Of course while I was sweating all the water of my body I wondered why do I keep paying for activities that are physically tough on me. I know why. Because afterwards I feel good about the effort and usually the view or the site is worth it. Still I suffered going up.
While the jungle was not as rich as in Mulu park in Borneo, we still got to see a bamboo forest, lots of banana trees, and quite some flowers. I was also surprised by the amount of land that was converted to farming. Clearly humans are taking over the land.

No comments: