Thursday, July 7, 2011

Walking playlist

Now that I have installed Nike Plus on my phone and bought an armband, all I'm missing is a good playlist. In case you wonder I already have shoes and outfit for training. Still need to decide what I will wear in Paris.

My first walk I just went with my whole library shuffling but that didn't work. When the music was slow, I slowed down and vice versa. I understand better why there are playlists by pace available online. Your pace is basically matching the pace of the music. If it's slow, you will slow down. If it's fast, you will speed up which is good but maybe not feasible for 3 hours in a row. This means I need a playlist that makes me walk at the right speed and my pace will be the right one.
I prepared a first playlist on Monday and tried it out tonight only to find out that I have it 80% right. There are a few songs slowing me down to be replaced.Thanks to Nike Plus tracking system I could see where exactly I slowed down and match it to the song in the playlist. Sometimes it's amazing what technology can do.
Let's see this weekend how the new version goes.

No comments: