Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bruges, one more time


This year it seems people visiting us have a passion for Bruges. Maybe because it’s been many years they come to Belgium and Bruges was part of the first trip. Many years later they all wish to go back to Bruges. So on a rainy July morning, we drove to Bruges.

Wearing our rain jackets and full of hope that the weather would change, we started our journey through the city. Luckily in the afternoon the sky cleared up and even the sun showed up, cheering up the day.

This time I decided to only take pictures of little things I’ve missed so far because I was focusing on the bigger buildings and towers. Every building in Bruges is full of those little statues, pictures or sculptures. Therefore there was plenty for me to choose from.

Like a basket on top of the building
or a beard made of snakes or dragons (not quite clear what it is)
or a little house selling chocolate
or a collection of statues

 or lions
or ladies
or a bear 
and because one should develop from day one to right reflexes when it comes to photography...
and I could not not take a few pictures of the typical architecture in Bruges.

No matter how many times I have visited Bruges, it always surprises me.

No comments: