Monday, April 13, 2009

It's over

is it?
That's what I was told at the end of my session with the Dr Lan. Apparently he did all he could do. To summarize I don't really see what he has done to help as the pain is worse now than when we started :(
So after this very unsuccessfully trial of Chinese traditional medicine and having demonstrated its limits, 2 hours later we were at the International medical center, back with Western medicine. I've met a Canadian doctor with French origins who spoke no French but English and Spanish who agreed with my dad that we need further investigation and treatment. 1st step was an x-ray which was quite an experience as the technician in charge of the x-ray did not speak English and did not look like he knew what he was doing. I can proudly say I have a x-ray of my hips showing the zipper of my trousers right in the middle because he did not let me take it off :)
While waiting for the x-ray to be processed I was facing a little boy and his father and I thought "I'm 30 and I go to the doctor with both my parents... so much for my credibility as a grown up" :)
Once this was done we walked to Sanlitun through the embassy areas enjoying the blossoming trees. It was a nice walk followed by a good lunch at Element Fresh, on the terrace of course.

No comments: